Copper and brass barware can infuse your home bar with a sense of refinement and timeless elegance. To ensure your copper and brass barware remains in impeccable condition and maintains its alluring appearance, there are some proper care and maintenance procedures we recommend.
Here's a detailed description of caring for your solid copper and brass barware:
1. Hand-Washing Recommended: Copper and brass barware should ideally be hand-washed instead of with a dishwasher. The high water temperature and harsh detergents in dishwashers can harm the finish and lead to tarnishing.
2. Use Mild Dish Soap: Employ a mild dishwashing soap and a soft sponge or cloth to clean your copper and brass barware. Avoid abrasive scouring pads or harsh chemicals.
3. Gentle Scrubbing: For persistent stains or residual beverage residue, a mixture of equal parts salt and white vinegar or lemon juice can create a gentle abrasive paste. Apply the paste, scrub gently, and rinse thoroughly.
4. Dry Immediately: After washing, dry your copper and brass barware promptly with a soft, clean towel to prevent water spots and tarnishing.
Copper and brass naturally develop a patina over time, adding character to your barware. However, if you prefer a polished look:
1. Commercial Polish: Utilize a commercial copper and brass polish according to the manufacturer's instructions. This will eliminate tarnish and restore shine.
2. Homemade Polish: Create a homemade polish by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and flour to form a paste. Apply the paste, allow it to sit for a few minutes, then gently buff the surface with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
3. Lemon and Salt: A mixture of lemon juice and salt can also be used for tarnish removal. Apply the mixture, scrub gently with a soft cloth, rinse, and dry.
1. Regular Cleaning: Frequently clean and dry your copper and brass barware after each use to prevent tarnish buildup.
2. Storage: Store your copper and brass barware in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight. You may also use a soft cloth or felt liners to protect against scratching and contact with other metals.
By following these care instructions, you can keep your copper and brass barware in impeccable condition, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your home bar and ensuring your cocktails are served in style for years to come.
2 other helpful links we like: